C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chester M Worwa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:46:13 -0500
Everyone,

     First of all, I am sorry if this is long.

     In 19 days I do turn 24 years old and as Trisha said this is a very
difficult time in everyones life.  For the past few years I have been
asking my parents as well as my friends to buy me a leg bag, just for at
night and that is when my parents told me that I was a big boy and could
just take myself to the toilet.  Sometimes, when I had two alarms that
were loud I would set one in the middle of the night just to force myself
up because sometimes I sleep so hard that I start to leak and when I do
get up I am ready to explode.  Just recently, I fought my way with
my parents to let me see a new orthropedis (sp) because I have been having
ankle pain at night and trying to keep my bending AFO on is not fun.  I
recently got a Total Contact Boot for at night and it does not bend and
trying to go to the toilet with that on at night is a nightmare.  Also, my
parents want me to get fatter and they want me to drink Ensure before bed
and I told them that only if they got me that leg bag and they gave me
that big boy thing again.  I also, on my own looked at the price for one
of these things and it is $40 without shipping and handling.  I still do
want one, but not to pay that price myself.  Even my friends told me that
it was too much otherwise they would buy me one.  I will try something
though and after I graduate and get my own place and get enough money,
maybe I will get it anyway.