C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stephen Allman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:31:01 EDT
I believe the Supreme Court was looking at the abuses of ADA but they should
not put everyone in the same category.

I believe everyone should be hired for their ability to do a job and from
what I know many employers could abuse this ruling as well.

I believe we should encourage people to work. The two cases that were
mentioned deal with safety. If there is a greater risk to the public no
disability issue should interfere with that.  However, we do not want to make
it a convenient excuse for employers to not hire people with disabilities.

I work at a hospital and they bend and twist the rules to make ADA work for
them. We need to treat everyone as an individual and write to our
representatives on our opinion.

Stephen Allman