C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:00:36 EDT
In a message dated 04/23/2001 7:12:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> our neighbors got a new cat. my children have been petting them. cats come
>  straight to me and so does this one. i wish i could pet it, but, i am
>  extreamly allergic to them. so i can only speak softly to it. he/she comes
>  over every time i am outside and it walks right past my wife and children
>  and comes to me. just about any cat i am around does this. i do not know
>  why.

Ken, my Pop had the very same complaint.  I haven't thought about that for
years.  I think cats know these things.  I just want to know what my cat is
always looking at directly behind me.  It's unnerving!  My birds do it too,
and I'll be darned if they aren't always looking at my Mom's urn when I'm
talking to them.  Is there something I don't know?  Are they and my Mom
having some weird, otherworldly conversation?  It's incredibly eerie!