C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loree Monroe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 13:08:26 EDT
Hello all,
I have been happily lurking for about a month. You all have created quite a
fine and supportive place out here on the 'net. Good work and thanks for
being here.
I am interested in this list because I have a nine year old daughter with
fine and gross motor problems/delays (medical diagnosis-static
encephalopathy, SLP diagnosis-apraxia of speech, OT diagnosis-sensory
integration disorder.) These problems were first identified when she was two
years old. Now, her speech therapist and occupational therapist are wondering
if she might have mild cerebral palsy. So, I joined to get a sense of the
issues. We are taking our daughter to the cerebral palsy clinic at St. Louis
Children's Hospital (Missouri) in October 1999 to have a neurologist look her
over.
When I'm not being a Mom, I work at a clinic as a nurse practitioner. I have
a professional interest in individuals with developmental disabilities, but I
see everyone.
Loree in MO