BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

The listserv that takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 11:17:20 EST
In a message dated 12/9/2005 10:37:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
Quite frankly, I like the one with the addition on top.  It looks finished,
I don't like flat roofed buildings.  I had thought from the original
posting I got that they wanted to tear the whole building down and build
something else.

Ruth, I believe the nut of the preservationists indignification is   a) any
rooftop addition, like the Goldfinger-variety example pictured and b) the
developer's wish to substantially widen the slit windows.  The narrow windows made
sense when the building was a warehouse, but become rather an obstacle when
trying to persuade the stroller-and-Starbucks set to by million dollar
apartments in an area  even more remote than Vermont.   A related burr under the
developer's saddle is that the apartments could, otherwise, have very broad views.

Sincerely yours,   Portcullis Q. Barbi-cam