BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken uracius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Listserv that makes holes in Manhattan schist for free! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 18:38:43 -0400
Brian

Your ramp speeds and hold time are important. You have to give the material
time to release water and carbon dioxide. I have used limestone  and not
removed the carbon dioxide from the kiln and had it return back to the
stone. You could have some of this going on in you kiln.  After a few more
tries you should be able to tell the point where you reach red heat. If you
look at the shells it looks like you can see the red right through the
shells. This is hard to understand until you have seen it but at this point
you will have quicklime.

Do you have a kiln sitter on your lab kiln? If you do let me know and I will
get the ramp and temp settings for you.

Ken