BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:05:33 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/2009 2:00:37 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I have seen clear cut evidence that lichen and moss do consume and
> deteriorate the structure of asphalt shingles. It is well known that a
> thick moss does damage wood shingles, but that when it is wet and rainy
> the moss expands and can keep the shingles from leaking.
>
> The strategy of homeowner insurance companies is to limit their coverage
> and create excuses to drop policies on older houses. This is how the
> industry scrapes money out of poor homeowners to pay out on the big
> claims like the one on the World Trade Center. The insurance payout on
> that tragic fiasco shook the foundation of the entire insurance industry
> world-wide, which figures it will take 40 years of bilking howmowners to
> get their money back. I can't wait to see what they do when the
> crackerbox cardboard and plastic MacMansions start falling apart in
> about 10 years.
>
> Then we will be growing moss on our cardboard roofs and harvesting it to
> feed our kids. (those of us lucky enough to have a piece of cardboard to
> live under.)
>
> John (eating moss for breakfast, just to get in practice) Leeke

John
most excellant sir ..Copper strips
.Moss and Lichen also deteriorates marble tombstones ; and there is a big
flap on how it should be removed  between the tooth brush crowd and the
client who wants a couple of hundred done on a modest budget
We get our best results from hot water ;

As for your comments on the insurance companies ; you will recall that
Katrina came after 911 ......what they did was simple ....they refused to pay
somethong in the fine print about wind and water...imagine that !!!
and thats why living next to the water now is a big risk as most cannot
insure thier home
.....only the guys who were smart enough to burn thier houses at the time
of the storm .(fire ) ..The insurance companys  had to make good on because
the  storm took away any evidence of arson .

I understand in Norway there is moss and leichen  thats pretty good to the
palate
meybe next try it on the cheerios   Py