BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:54:41 -0400
The coast is clear.  You may resume your usual     conversation.

I was able to contact the listowner by email.  The reason this all finally
slowed down yesterday was he basically unsubscribed everyone from the list
until the bouncing messages stopped.

He then planned to resubscribe everyone (except the two accounts with the
full mailboxes).  I received a "Welcome to preservation-L" message earlier
today, which I took to mean that the resubscription had been accomplished.
 You should have too, and if you are reading my message, I can pretty much
guarantee it.

SAVE THE WELCOME MESSAGE!!!!!  It tells you how to send subscribe and
unsubscribe commands to the list robot as well as commands to obtain help
and see which commands for the Majordomo listserv software do and don't
work with preservation-L.  Some of the standard commands have been
disabled.

Your welcome message came from Majordomo.  Majordomo is not a former
military officer that has taken up a preservation career in retirement.
 Majordomo is a software robot.  Shades of Isaac Asimov, please send your
commands to the robot, not to the list.

We thank you in advance.
Dan Becker,  Executive Director            "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic                                     from some flounder?"
Districts Commission                             - Bullwinkle J. Moose