BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that doubts your pants are worth $42 million.
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:39:24 -0100
I set down the biography of Stalin in order to read the Iacocca book. It
was a good strong read for the most part. Then I noticed a similarity
between what Iacocca has to say and what Al Gore is saying in The
Assault on Reason. Both books make me irritated, to put it mildly. I
look forward to getting back to Stalin. I think interesting that Stalin
in person was described as a genial and likable guy... the kind of guy
you could look into the eyes and come away saying that you had seen his
soul and felt a brotherhood. It is curious to me that in the one-liner
hyperbole that is our NEWS that though Hitler & Nazi sometimes gets
thrown around, that there never seem to be any comparisons between our
political leaders and Stalin. I wonder why that is?

A young x-Marine that I recently met was complaining about the attitude
of Hispanics in the NY workforce, that they exhibit a kind of arrogance
towards Americans. This fellow was a third generation Russian immigrant.
I explained it this way... if there was someone identified as wiping out
the middle class and creating a situation where in America there were
only the rich 1% controlling 90% of the wealth, and 90% of the
population with 1% of the wealth, then he might find himself having
reason to be a bit pissed. That as the USA has been enforcing and
enabling this sort of an arrangement (though I admit I exagerate
slightly) on every peoples in the Western Hemisphere excepting possibly
for Canada for a few generations that it would make sense that an
Hispanic worker on arriving in NY would be on the defensive and may have
a slight attitude. Hell, I only migrated 300 miles and I have an attitude.

][<en