BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 06:11:49 -0400
I asked our Jamaican friend yesterday how many acres he could handle to
farm. First he said we need money. No problem don't worry about that.
Then he said he needs a tractor. No problem, ten tractors, no problem.
We settled at first on 1,000 acres but he seemed so confident with that
we upped it to 2,000 acres. Then he wanted to know what I was so anxious
to grow and I said, "Lots of grass."

Switch grass is what I meant.

He liked the idea and said that rather than he be on the roof looking at
the ground he would rather be on the ground counting money.

The seal to the deal I asked him if I could drive the tractor sometimes,
he said, ALL the time.

On another front as a community experiment this year I have not once
mowed our lawn. I am not simply waiting to see when anyone notices. Mind
you in the unHamptons we don't live at the center of the universe where
these sorts of things can go on without mention from the yard police. I
like the stuff that grows there by itself, but more importantly the
grass that survives and thrives there with neglect I want it to mature
and reseed. One thing that I have noticed is that the guy across the
street who pays for lawn maintenance of what amounts to a small parkland
can't stand in his yard without getting bit by skeeters. For whatever
reason I don't have that problem in our yard... do you think maybe I
have them all confused. I have been claiming the project as Prairie
Restoration.

As to Alaska... I understand that when the End Times heat up we will all
want to run up there to Wassila Valley. They are waiting, preparing a
sanctuary for us all, and somehow I can't get out of my head the cartoon
about the ET folks on their space ship reading the book, "How to serve man."

If you are not as yet fully indebted to China then please hurry up and
vote. ;-)

][<en