BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 19:39:12 -0700
> Culyler,
> Is there any way in which we can work a deal to get our esteemed
> executive leader to stand under Jackass Mountain for a photo op?
> ][<

That would be more appropriate than you probably realize.   As you head
inland from the coast and Vancouver, the last town before the Mountains is
named Hope.   Jackass Mountain and the region where we live is commonly
known as "Beyond Hope" to the city folk.   Of course, to us, the city is
"Beyond Hope".   However, there are more of them than there are of us
(something I have never been able to understand when it comes to political
elections and subjective aesthetic values about architecture), so the phrase
"Beyond Hope" is generally unidirectional, just like your esteemed leader.
He would certainly be welcome to stand there for long enough to confront
nature's work.   Also, close to Jackass Mountain is a spectacular and
popular tourism feature of the Fraser River Canyon, a wild rapid crashing
through a rocky narrows known as "Hell's Gate".   The esteemed leader might
feel right at home confronting that too.

cp in bc
(Beyond Hope)