BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Royal Order of Lacunae Pluggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:14:04 -0500
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:08:11 -0500
From: [log in to unmask] (Marilyn Harper)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re[2]: Authenticity Roundtable

--IMA.Boundary.1193815890

     Can someone tell me what the difference is between authenticity and
     integrity?  I work at the National Register where we think maintaining
     integrity is critical for historic places.  I agree with that
     position, but many people don't.

     Authenticity, on the other hand, seems to be universally recognized as
     a desirable quality, though I assume the same heated debates occur
     when the question is decided what specific places have it and what
     don't.

     Can anyone tell me where I can find a definition of authenticity that
     I can understand?

     Even though I am about to retire from the Register to return to
     consultantland, I am still fascinated by this whole issue.

     Sorry for what is probably a really stupid question.

     Marilyn Harper