BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Authentic Replicants Converge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 16:37:28 -0400

In honor of national poetry month, a poem assembled from real George Bush
quotes (composer unattributed):

MAKE THE PIE HIGHER
by George W. Bush

I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of madmen and uncertainty
and potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the internet
become more few?

How many hands have I shaked?
They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.

I know that the human being
and the fish can coexist.

Families is where our nation finds hope,
where our wings take dream.

Put food on your family!
Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize Society!
Make the pie higher!  Make the pie higher!

-------------

I should comment on my recent silence.  I've been to the repair shop to have
the last equipment damage fixed from my bicycle's 20 mph interaction three
years ago with a car turning across my path.  Highly skilled craftsmen
undertook some slightly invasive internal explorative testing utilizing
scoping technology.  They discovered some anticipated exfoliation and, in a
slight surprise, also found that the structural joinery components were
loose.  High temperature devices were applied to numerous internal tensile
components and shrinkage of those components was induced, thereby tightening
the overall integrity of the structural joint.

The prognosis for my shoulder is good, but I'm in a sling with no movement
for 3 months until July 4 so I don't stretch things out, then I start
therapy to break it all loose again.  I'm out of the office until mid May,
then start back 1/2 time for a while.  Typing slowly is the watchword.
You'd be surprised how much your arm flops at the keyboard.

On the other hand, I'm enjoying reading more than I have been able to read
for many years.

Cheers,
Dan Becker,  Executive Director          "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic                                   from some flounder?"
Districts Commission                           - Bullwinkle J. Moose