BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:46:43 -0400
Cuyler,

Albany is far enough away from LI that it feels like news from BC.

I stopped paying attention to governor's after Mario Cuomo retired. We
were working w/ Tishman at the New Amsterdam Theater and bought a table
for dinner at the Sheraton. That was the last time I saw Cuomo. Willie
was there that night too. Pataki I gave less attention to other than the
Castro convertible heiress being the SHPO. What I mostly knew about
Spitzer was that nothing seemed to have changed on issue that make
having a small business a different flavor of hell in NY. These days I
am more into wanting to know my local pols on LI. On some days of
particular frustration I would tend to amend Von Clausewitz, Politics is
War to Politics is Nearly Useless. As to my having over the years done
considerable time/work/projects in Harlem I think I will be paying
attention to the new governor.

In regard to Eliot Spitzer there was an article buried in the NY Times
where parents were interviewed on how they were caught having to explain
Spitzer to their children. So in another context came up the question as
to how do you deliver the sex talk to your children, and/or how did we
get the talk ourselves from a parental unit?

I like this comment from a friend: "The talk with my daughter, which had
to happen before my son got to her, occurred around the time
evolution--that we "come from apes"--was being taught to her.

As I'm driving her home from school, she says, out of the blue, "That
must mean my great-grandfather put his penis in a gorilla.""

There is a whole lot to say for taking the train to DC, in-town to
in-town. I prefer it myself to messing with trying to get to the
airports. Only non-urbanites would think to take the air shuttle unless
they are in the 'can afford helicopter to airport' service door-to-door.

For my non-histo presto commentary go to my blog, listed in the sig below.

][<
--
Orgrease-Crankbait <http://orgrease-crankbait.blogspot.com/> Video,
audio, writings, words, spoken word, dialogs, graphic collage and the