BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 07:34:01 -0500
Being in a different profession (computer systems analysis), there's a lot
to be said from the value of training.  I have been in situations where the
corporate mentality was "why train them if they're just gonna go away?"  To
me, that is an exercise in utter stupidity.   Without the training, the
quality isn't there and the employees are disgruntled ("They don't think
enough of my current skills to send me out somewhere for enhancement.")
Besides, training, or the lack thereof, should not be the sole purpose for
sticking around someplace.  If you're outa there simply because you've
learn to breathe better, then there are other underlying problems with the
employee/employer relationship that need fixing.  Quite honestly, if an
employer sends a person out for training, the employer should expect that
as a cost of doing business they'll now need to pay more to this person the
employer just made more marketable.  Most employees see that as a sign the
employer really cares (enhancing skills, paying more, promoting, etc. -
gee, must really want me).

06:05:04 PM ----------

Please respond to [log in to unmask]