BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:39:22 EST
In a message dated 12/19/2003 6:31:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
does that about cover it?    Yrs  draft lottery #2
That was what first came to mind when I saw the 4F also.  When they announced
the draft lottery no's for my year (I think it musta been 1971, because I was
a Sr in Hi School) my dad heard while shaving that Dec 25 was number 19 (or
some such) that year.  Needless to say, I spent the day defecating concrete
masonry units (does that turn of phrase make you happy, Euphemia?) until the
afternoon newspaper came out and I read that my birthday was in fact something
like #190.  Then I only had to worry about how high President Nixon was going to
be drafting to that year.  Luckily for me, they never got to my number, and my
student deferment (which I worried enough to go see the Commies at Women's
Strike for Peace once or twice) held, and I never needed to pursue a medical
deferment (I didn't think that having gotten out of gym in HS because I had
eczema on my feet was likely to be enough to persuade a draft board to lay off.)
So what happened to your No. 2? (Draft No. 2, not No.2 in the sense I use it
below)

Then I realized Larry's 4f must be some sort of histo presto
make-work-for-the-report-writers crap (sorry about the coarse language), which if we don't
support will only give Dubya and Cheney [Spellcheck gives 2 suggestions in lieu
of Cheney:  Cheyenne and Cohen. Hmmm] the green light to drill for oil (or dump
billions of gallons of pig shit [technical term for fecal matter], or both)
in our backyards and send us to Gitmo for objecting to it.

Ralph