BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Drew Diaz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:32:59 -0500

Gabriel Orgrease wrote:

> [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
>> When the Westies ran the Riggers Onion
>>
> Michael,
>
> In trying to figure out my future career I've been wondering if I should
> write about my past career in the trenches of NYC, ...... Talking
> Union, I wonder if I should
> tell about the methadone addict shop steward who had been released a
> year earlier after a stint in the joint for manslaughter and was related
> to such and such and who would wait on the corner every Friday
> midmorning for his envelope of green vig.

Awhile back - had some 12 Jersey City Carpenters on a project.
The Laborer foreman, who came from the hall and worked for me in NYC for 5 more years comes to me one
day after I'd gone ballistic on someone to warn me about going off on the Carpenters Steward, wouldn't give me the details-
just that a word to the wise was sufficient..
about 6 months after the job was over Dickie shows me an article from the Daily News about our friends sentencing, this guy had evidently gotten into some beef w/ a NYFD guy at a bar, left and returned guns blazing...
Dickie was of the opinion that there was more to the story than was released as our boy went down for manslaughter.
Seems he'd been parked with me while on parole:
        1- to meet his parole req's of working
        2- As an out of towner I had no idea who he was and who his family was.

Do recall an interesting discussion I had with him in re my days as a piece work carpenter-
I might has well been a Samoan discussing fertility cults with Paris Hilton.....

When I worked 3rd shift as a Union Lather- I was paid in cash, never did the W2 thing and long suspected that someone else was getting my bennies....