BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Royal Order of Lacunae Pluggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:50:16 +1100
Down under, we can follow the rain storms every 10
minutes, courtesy of our taxpayer funded bureau of
meteorology established website:

This link gives you the Sydney weather radar.  A link
to the radar home page at the bottom of that page will
offer you the full Australian selection of weather
radars.

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR033.shtml

We use it most days to check whether it is worth going
out to spend the day hanging in a swing stage or on a
rope, as well as to see whether we need an umbrella at
lunchtime!!  Occasionally we also use it so that we
can go and check out the leaks in buildings during
actual rainstorms!

Elsewhere on the www.bom.gov.au site are all sorts of
weather forecasts and observations right around
Australia.  Quite useful really, although maybe not
quite so useful for the rest of you!

Cheers

david

http://store.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Store
- The fastest, easiest way to open an online store.