BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tricia vs. Julie!! Rosie is gay! Travertine falling! When will it stop??" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:36:25 -0500
Mark,

I'm with Ken on this, but I'll ask a few more questions:
How deep does the wall go below grade?
What is the condition of the soil below grade, water table, plantings along
the wall etc?
I assume the plaster repairs were in the first floor level and not below.
Is the first floor at or near grade?
What is the condition of joist ends if bearing in the masonry, joists, wood
flooring, base trim etc?
Is there ventilation below the first floor?
I assume the "terne metal" sheet is completely through the wall.
Is this a uniform condition around the building or localized?
Obviously higher temperature and air changes will help somewhat if you want
to accelerate the drying.

Eric Hammarberg
Associate Director of Preservation
Associate