BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Tegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 08:19:02 -0700
Christopher: excellent question: what material for a shower "floor?"
that holds up in wet, is comfortable and non-slip... In my work what
species? comes up a lot: don't want to use plastic fake wood nor
tropical wood (for all the social and environmental reasons). Cedar,
redwood, or fir as you mentioned? Is there a source for reclaiming
teak and etc. from ships/ boats, etc. You know, those items cast off
by those who buy the after-the-polo- match goodies? It seems like out
here in the NW, someone has such a recycling enterprise going.

Who knows where to find salvaged Ph mahogany, teak, and the like?

--Mary
TRNB
hands-on impresario
Tegel  Design +  Planning