BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken uracius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Listserv that makes holes in Manhattan schist for free! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:56:02 -0400
Brian

I have built this kiln in Scotland with Douglas they burnt coal, they put in
a layer of wood then coal then chalk then coal then chalk then coal then
chalk. It was like 2 to 1 stone to coal after it was going they closed of
the top to keep in the heat except for a small hole. They also closed off
the bottom except for a small hole so the coal did not burn too fast this
built up the heat in the kiln instead of going up the chimney.

Ken