From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 09:32:52 -0400
Mike,

If you can't find the pigtail you want, maybe just buy the cheapest 3
foot coax jumper with pl-259's on each end and cut it  in half.  Use the
other end for another project.

I don't know what is available in  your area, but for less than fifteen
bucks,  I would buy a  "dipole center insulator".   This has a so-239 to
accept your coax and provisions to attach the antenna wires without
pulling everything apart when it is put up in the air.

While you can use a pigtail, you will have to engineer wire attachment
and strain relief.

I don't think I would  use  the  4:1 balun unless you were going to feed
with open wire line, or  use it at the feed point and make it a Windom
type off center fed antenna.

73, Steve KW3A