From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:53:25 -0400
A TV rotor will mount at the top of the mast.   A TV rotor isn't up to the
task of turning  the whole push up mast setup  from the bottom.  Weight of
the mast, antenna, coax, and downward pressure of guy  wires is way too much
load.  Instead of using U bolts to clamp the rotor to mast, there are  studs
that are screwed into the side of the rotor housing, then  clamps and nuts
are put on so the mast is  squeezed between the clamps and rotor housing.
Right above the stud/clamp arrangement is  a little projection that  rests
on the top of the mast

Most rotors won't handle a 1/2  mast.    I think average for TV rotors is 1
1/4 up to 1 3/4 or so.   1 1/4 TV mast comes in 5 or 10  foot lengths and
would be better than 1/2.  Electrical metal conduit is also a good choice
for  a light duty application.

Into the top of the rotor you mount a short section of mast to which is
attached the antenna.  How much mast you can put above the rotor depends on
how  beefy the rotor is and the windload of the antenna.

73, Steve KW3A