Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:40:29 -0400
Some TV rotors mount at the top but most mount side-mounted so that the
antenna mast can slip right through the rotor.

One guy was working on my tower years ago when I had a TV rotor turning a
pair of 2-meter beams and a junior tribander.  He loosened the antennas from
the mast, forgetting that there was a TV rotor there instead of a ham-m.
All of a sudden, there was a tremendous noise, the mast fell down the tower
and he was up there holding two antennas.

The mast hit the cement so hard it drove one section two inches into the
other and left a half-inch dent in the cement.

Steve, K8SP