From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2014 07:43:24 -0400
I have a diamond X50 right now, at my former qth's I've run pvc enclosed J
poles and still run one for packet which as far as I'm concerned performs
just as well as the X50, I ran a diamond x200 when I lived with my parents
and that was another very good antenna. I tend to lean in favor of the
diamond antennas because they've never steered me wrong, I've run comet
antennas on 900 Mhz and mobile as well as some diamond antennas mobile and
there's not much if any difference between the 2, both are a good antenna.
Even the tram antennas aren't horrible the main problem with them is if
you're in a windy area at all, the fiber glass wall is a lot thinner so the
wind loading is nowhere near what it is on a diamond or comet antenna. For
the little bit I get on I just rather spend the money when I had it and get
the diamond antennas, now that I don't have the money, hopefully nothing
happens to the antennas or radios for a very long time to come.