From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2012 15:39:45 -0600
I suspect they are as reliable as anything.
I've used the newer alinco supplies that are similar to the jet streams and
never had a single problem with them...no noise or anything.
They've got a good sized heat sink on them so they don't heat up much even
at full load.
Switching supplies are as reliable as the liniar supplies these days.
It's old verses new I guess...lots of people have successfuly used switching
supplies for many years without difficulty...others have had problems so
they believe the liniar supplies are the only way to go...but they fail as
well.

73
Colin, V A6BKX