From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 11:56:50 -0330
Hi all:

Well the 102 saga continues. (frown)
The other night she got pretty warm rather quickly and blew a fuse running about 50W into my 811H, in the middle of a QSO. I'm told that this maybe a symptom of tube failure.
I'm also getting some audio ripple upon initial power up during receive along with VFO drift which never occurred when I 1ST got the 102 in its bad condition and when it came back from being restored in FLA.
This ripple and drift takes about 20 minutes to a half hour to settle down. I'm told that this could be a resistor in the VFO but like most things, if your sighted, you could dig into this your self. As I'm not, the 102 is going to have to go back to a trust worthy source and that's NC4L in FLA.
I suppose its no different than if I had an out of warranty FT-2000 or IC-7600 that would have to go to there respective factories for repair. It would be very expensive.
So I'll re_tube her 1 more time, send her down for work and then start saving my bucks for a new solid state rig but again, if something goes wrong with the 590/7410/FTDX-1200 out of warranty, what kind of repair costs are associated?
I think some of you have had your 590s in the shop.

73:
Mike VO1AX