From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:26:43 -0330
Well,
If the 102 has to go back to FLA, this will be her 2nD trip since I got it in a trade in 2011 the 1ST was a restoration job.
Quite frankly, what I got was hardly worth what I gave up an 18 month old FT-450 with MD-100A8 desk mic, worth about 900CAN on the used market. The 102 and accessories I got were probably worth about 400 because of the extensive damage by Canada post.
NC4L did an outstanding job on getting this rig to where I initially expected and now I may have to put a little more into her to get her to the level that most NC4L 102's go for and that's about 12/1500 on the market with a full set of filters which mine has.
I should have filed the claim and moved on but when you have a dream and its in reach, you go for it. <smile>
On the other side though, there comes a time to say good bye and its like Pat said of the 65 Galaxy, nice car but if every time you turn the key something has to be fixed, the maybe its time to stop. We have the added disadvantage of lack of sight so someone has to be trusted and payed for there work.
If could see, I could probably do this work my self but oh well. I'll give her 1 more chance at life, hopefully I can get a couple of more years out of her while I can save for the 590 and then let her retire. I suppose there are those who still wished they had their drakes and collins. <smile>

73:
Mike VO1AX