From:
Mike Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2013 11:34:05 -0500
This is Mike Barnard, KD2CDU, I enjoyed talking on the net
yesterday.  For a few weeks, I could just about hear people but not
good enough to talk on both 40 and 20 meters.
In the spring I am going to put up a 80 meter whindum antenna.  I
also want to put up about a 40 to 60 foot tower with a 5 band beam on
it.  Do you have any ideas of what kind is a good beam?  Also, I am
open for any other suggestions.
I have an acre of land which is 100 feet wide and about 400 feet
long.  I have always liked d x ing with FM.  with a beam, and am
really looking forward to that on the ameture bands.  I have a
ts480hx, with a ldg 1000 auto tuner.  If anyone has any suggestions I
am willing to either email, talk on the phone, or the radio with you.
I am quite new with the radio, so any help or advice is accepted.
73.

KD2cdu