From:
Eric Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:09:58 -0700
I don't recommend paratransit services for getting to and from appointments.
The reason for this is because I don't think they are very reliable.  In
Portland, for example, our paratransit service picks up within a 30-minute
window.  In fact, sometimes, they don't show up within that window.  My
recommendations would be to:
1.  See if there is a non-profit organization whose specialty is to
transport seniors and people with physical disabilities.  In Portland, we
have an organization called Ride Connection, which I have used to get to
some of my appointments.
2.  If possible, take transit to a place you are familiar with and then get
a cab to take you the rest of the way to your appointment.  I hope that
helps.

Eric