From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:14:47 -0600
yes, but look at the space you have for HF antennas?
life is always a compremise as you know.
to get relative piece and quiet, your own space and room to breathe, away
from close neighbors, then as a blind person, you almost have to give up
transportation unless you are living with someone who has a vehicle.
I could be in a place out of town too where i could have all my antennas, a
yard for the dog, much cheaper rent, and no way to get to the grossery store
without asking someone to drive half an hour to pick me up.
Instead, i live in a one bedroom condo shared with a room mate who sleeps on
the couch and drives, no yard, very little living space, definitely no
chance of HF antennas, but half a block from a bus stop, a ten minute bus
ride from multiple shopping centers etcetra.
So, it's a trade off.
everywhere has crime and one gets used to it.  I've also found, and this may
just be in the cities i've lived in, that nearly everyone will leave a blind
guy with a cane or a dog alone even at night.  Even the drunken or stoned
idiots are fairly harmless to me even if not to others in their viscinity.
Remember, your the one with the big metal stick in your hand and or the good
sized dog.
It's all about priorities and compremises.
73
Colin, V A6BKX