From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:28:51 -0400
Tom,

Is this machine on a network?  Also, check Scheduled Tasks to see if
something runs automatically that you don't know about.  Also, you
might go to your desktop folder in either Windows Explorer or My
Computer and check the icons whose hotkeys have disappeared to see
when they were last modified.  Better still, fix one of them, make a
note of when you did it, and check the date the next time you notice
that key vanishing.  None of this will give you the complete answer,
but you'll be collecting pieces of the puzzle.

Steve