From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:03:01 -0500
Hi Terry.

I probably should look for a Perkins brailler.  I only lost my vision a few
years ago, so it has been kind of a slow transition from print to
braille.  I know my Grade 1, and a lot of the Grade 2 contractions, but
there are still some that I forget.

Unfortunately, modern technology is both a blessing and a curse.  Computer
technology has kept me working, but it makes it possible to limp along
without the older technology for writing braille.  I suppose I could always
cast around for a Braille Blazer and a copy of Duxbury, too.  I find that
taking down traffic on a keyboard is easier than taking it down on a
Perkins, anyway, but that is probably because I have been typing since I
was 14, and I'm pretty used to keyboards.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]