From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:41:23 -0500
Why not build up a solar charger?  The current required to charge those
batteries isn't that high, and 12 volt batteries would be as precious a
commodity as anything else.  A solar charger should be able to be
constructed that would bring up a set of batteries without too much
difficulty.  I've contemplated the same idea for charging HT batteries.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 08:09 PM 11/30/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>SInce the subject has been discussed recently I thought I"d
>present another angle to consider.
>dUring Katrina I would have been hard pressed to charge a
>laptop, pda or other device's batteries.  THank GOd for a
>slate and stylus.
>When handling traffic using phone the sending station should
>assume that the receiving station is using pen or pencil
>writing in longhand.  HE or she should send at a speed which
>accomodates this spelling and voicing possibly unfamiliar or
>ambiguous groups as they come up.  A moderately skilled
>slate user should be able to follow along if the sending
>station is a skilled traffic handler.  Otherwise tell him or
>her to slow down.
>
>Even if you're not a regular slate user, if you're a
>braille user at all you should practice this skill
>occasionally.  AFter all, those little notetaker batteries
>have a finite lifespan without the umbilical to the outside
>world.
>
>IN fact if I ever buy a notetaker I"ll be quite interested
>in fabricating a recharger for its battery pack which can
>draw power from 12 volts dc.  A friend of mine did something
>like that for his laptop a few years ago.
>
>73 de nf5b
>

>Richard WEbb,
>Electric SPider Productions,
>Eads Tennessee