From:
Maurice Mines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:36:26 -0800
Hello, I have a few observations about the current situation with the UST act. And some observations about amateur radio as a blind person in general. One let me just state for the record I believe that the app is really not intended for anyone blind. It is mostly designed or amateurs who are cited to look at the pretty pictures and Marvel at how good and wonderful be a double RL is. To were not a big enough lobby with a double RL for them to even care there feeling as let's let handy hands do it. That way we don't have to. So I think that Intel or in less we as blind amateurs get some backbone about us, nothing will ever change. That means that the consumer organizations both within and be, and the ACB. Need to get with it and put some heat on these folks to get off the dime and make things accessible. Otherwise we will continue to see messages like this on the list and I for one will just keep on deleting them. I'm sorry that I am so cynical, and bury pessimistic about the situation. But in the print half years since I've been a radio amateur that seems to be my prevailing experience is that unless pressure is applied, or the other side legitimately has goodwill. Nothing, and I mean nothing will ever get done. So I think that the current situation where the national library service records what they want to up UST, and had the ham's records what they like to record. Is our only access to the aid of RRL's flagship publication. Period let me close by saying I wish no one any harm and/or ill. But it just seems to me that sadly if no noise is made, no notice is given to the situation, and no one changes anything that they're doing. Because everybody thinks that this is the way that we like to do things. Just my whatever it's worth comments. So please do not stand flaming email my way, this is just an observation. Thank you all very much for reading this. Best 73 and good wishes for a happy Thanksgiving time and an outstanding rest of the holiday season and some of you I will talk to you on down the collects as the old-timers would say. Sincerely KD0 I KO. Note I have used Dragon 3.0 for the Mac to dictate this email. So if there are parts of it that don't quite make sense that is why. Thank you very much for reading this.
On Nov 15, 2012, at 10:07 PM, don bishop <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Tonight I saw an update to the qst app for the iphone.  I thought it
> might solve the problem of getting in to the loop where it always says
> "progressing" when trying to load an issue.
> Unfortunately, that problem still exists.  I've let it set for well over
> an hour now and it still only says "progressing" on the screen.
>
> I can switch to other aps and even exit the qst app, so it's not locking
> up the phone which is a 4s.
> I assume sighted people must be having the same trouble with the app and
> it simply amazes me that the ARRL could put out such a piece of junk.
>
> Has anyone heard anything recently about the league fixing this thing?
> Sure isn't much good for anything the way it is now!
>
> Don  w6smb

Maurice Mines