From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2014 15:11:56 -0230
Collin:

I wrote Radio World requesting an explanation on the 10 and 11M mobile section of there site and the manufacturers being listed as 10M mobiles and I was told that those 10 and 11M mobiles have the 11M capability done. I was under the impression that an internal mod had to be performed to make the Rangers, Galaxies and the like 11M capable.
I like the idea of a rig mounted in the trunk and a separation kit up front as our car has allot of plastics in the cabin and would present a grounding problem. Is there any North American manufacturer selling a sep kit for lets say the rangers and so on?
I'd be a little nervous about plunking down 250 for a Chinese radio that might not last and then the hassle of trying to get it repaired or even a refund under warranties and such.
I don't know how the Wuxuns and Tyt stuff works. I guess you pay your money and take your chances.

73:

Mike VO1AX