From:
don bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:04:15 -0800
I have a myfi radio.  It's usable, but no way is it really accessible in
terms of using the menus unless you are very careful and get sighted
help to figure them out in advance.  There is no audible feedback when
making changes or pressing function keys and certainly no built-in
speech.

There is a button you can press to record off-air, but no indication
when you go into that mode so it's easy to start recording by accident.
Same lack of feedback if you attempt to select one of the preset banks.

Again, no feedback whatsoever as to where you are.

If you get into some mysterious mode you can't figure out, you just have
to press the buttons you think my be the culprits repeatedly until the
unit works normally again.  Also, you can sometimes reset it by removing
the battery.

It's not a bad radio if you're careful and only press the keys you need
to change channels and such, but accessible it ain't.

We have two of them and they work well so long as you are careful not to
get them into some mysterious mode.

Don