From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:14:51 -0400
I have a couple J-poles enclosed in PVC and they work just fine. I don't
know the gain figures on them but I can say I compared one of them side by
side with my old diamond X200 and couldn't tell the difference. Now I use
that one on packet and at the same height as a diamond X50 on a radio my
wife sometimes uses, I think the J-pole has a little edge, it's just made
with ladder line in a PVC pipe. Someone used to sell them, I bought one of
his then made the other myself. I'm not sure which I have up because they're
identical and the other is sitting in the shed somewhere.