From:
David Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2011 18:55:46 -0400
For building a hotkey, try this:

1.	Go to Programs / Accessories / Notepad. Don't hit Enter.

2.	With your cursor on the NotePad option, right click or use the
Applications key to open a menu. Since you can't create a shortcut here,
arrow down to the "Send To" submenu, right arrow to open that submenu, and
arrow down to the "Desktop" choice.

3.	Press Enter to create a shortcut to Notepad on your Desktop.

4.	Go to your desktop and locate the Notepad shortcut.

5.	Press alt-Enter to open the Properties dialog. You should be in the
Shortcut tab, so just tab twice to the hotkey field and press the key
combination you want as your hotkey. Then tab to the OK button and press
Enter to save your choice and exit.

73,

Dave wi3y