From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 22:50:48 -0400
Hi Group,

I had the issue explained once to me over the air by some sort of expert
and he says that even the height of things is not the main determining
factor.  It all has to do with potential and path of least resistance.
The one example this guy used to give is that he had a very tall 60 feet
(I believe) tower--with a number of large antennas on various supports
sticking up from it.  A real bad lightning strike hit his neighbor.  His
neighbor's house was only about 30 feet from him.  for some reason of
great potentiality complexity, the path avoided all the high objects on
his own property, hit the phone cable going into the basement of his
neighbor's house, arced across to the electrical system and basically
fried all electrical circuits including three pronged outlets and mostly
everything plugged into them; go figure!