Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:43:43 -0400
Well, I got my Novice in July of 1964 at the age of nine years ten months.
Unfortunately, I didn't pass the Conditional in time to keep my original call.

I had a couple highlights during my first year.  Just before receiving my
license, I fractured my ankle.  My older sister was talking to the x-ray tech
and told him I was studying to be a ham.  It turned out he was wn8mda.  I met
several other novices, and one of them lent me a DX-35 which was my Novice
transmitter.

On November 13,   which was a Friday by the way, my re-conditioned NC-300
arrived in the mail as an early Christmas present, it was from the famous
World Radio Labs in Council Bluffs.

Final highlight was getting up in the middle of the night to work California
on 40 meters.  I remember I got so excited I woke my parents up and my father
had to work early the next morning.

Steve, K8SP