From:
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 2015 13:30:46 -0500
Attention all hams here on our list who have been hams going back into the
40's, 50's, and early 60's!!

Post back to me and share with me how you tuned your transmitters and
receivers back in those days. What kinds of creative methods did you use
for, say, tuning up your transmitters with the PI output networks, dipping
and loading, to make sure you were not only in resonance, but resonance on
the right band? What kinds of techniques did you use to make sure you were
within  the frequency boundaries permitted by your license class and didn't
get over into the Advanced or Extra Class frequencies, or outside the
American band allocations entirely? What kinds of advancements or features
were eventually added or available over time that made these kinds of tasks
easier?

Be as detailed and descriptive as you can. I am incorporating this
information in a research project I am working on.

TNX, 73,

Ron, K8HSY

Dr. Ronald E. Milliman

Retired Professor of Marketing