From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:02:53 -0700
hold on, are ham operators supposed to be some closed cult? or click that
only special privallaged persons can hope to be apart of?
Why can it not become a part of the norm instead of an odity?
Isn't that the whole idea behind amateur radio is to allow it to be
availible to anyone taking an interest at an amateur level?
I think there are way too many professional amateurs on HF who take the
whole thing way to seriously, and who also get bent out of shape when they
happen to find someone not up to their high horsed standards.
That is precisely the kind of operators that keep beginners away, or scare
them away quickly.
Perhaps amateur radio on HF is very much similar to an NFB type of
organization in its ideals.
Maybe we can begin to change that by allowing more normal everyday people on
there.
73
Colin, CFA6BKX