From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2016 19:03:34 -0500
Richard,
The setup you describe is correct.   As long as you have the interface
cable plugged into the  back of the radio, the internal tuner is
disabled on ant 1.

On another note, the amp will do 6 meters, but the998 tuner won't.  I
don't know how much 6 meter stuff you do, but if you want to run the amp
on 6 (assuming your antenna can handle it) you may have to juggle some
things.

73, Steve KW3A