From:
"John Vernaleken`" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2014 19:06:37 -0400
I will be doing all band low power.

John  KC2QJB

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Michael Ryan
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 6:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CQWW DX SSB Contest

Hi all:=20

Anyone playing in the CQWW DX SSB contest next weekend? I'm gonna go =
single op single band for 40M again as my tuner is a little finicky on =
75M.=20
I'm moose hunting again this year with my brother, so by the time 40M = goes
out on sat morning, that's the time He'll be picking me up to go in = the
woods.=20 If not, I may get that 160M wire up during the day and try that
out and = change my entry to single op all band. Funny thing though, my
tuner = didn't mind a wire apparently when last used on 1 but the vertical
on = 75M gives it fits. Haven't tried the vertical on 160M.=20 I'm wondering
though for improved performance on 75M, will 66 foot = radials help in
levelling out the antenna? Right now, I got 25 footers = and from 40/10M the
vertical is a flame thrower.=20 I may have to just put off using the
vertical on 75/160M until I can = save up for a good heavy tuner that can
handle the vertical on those low = bands. If the wire works though, which I
will get up, at least I'll be = able to play on those bands.=20

73:=20
Mike VO1AX=20