From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2014 19:33:15 -0230
Hi all:

Anyone playing in the CQWW DX SSB contest next weekend? I'm gonna go single op single band for 40M again as my tuner is a little finicky on 75M.
I'm moose hunting again this year with my brother, so by the time 40M goes out on sat morning, that's the time He'll be picking me up to go in the woods.
If not, I may get that 160M wire up during the day and try that out and change my entry to single op all band. Funny thing though, my tuner didn't mind a wire apparently when last used on 1 but the vertical on 75M gives it fits. Haven't tried the vertical on 160M.
I'm wondering though for improved performance on 75M, will 66 foot radials help in levelling out the antenna? Right now, I got 25 footers and from 40/10M the vertical is a flame thrower.
I may have to just put off using the vertical on 75/160M until I can save up for a good heavy tuner that can handle the vertical on those low bands. If the wire works though, which I will get up, at least I'll be able to play on those bands.

73:
Mike VO1AX