From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2013 22:10:12 -0500
Darren,

If your radio is new, you've already got the latest firmware.  However, if
you really need to update the firmware, it's easy to do even if you're
totally blind.

First, you need to have the programming cable, which needs to be connected
to your radio and your PC.  Then, go to the Kenwood download site and get
the latest firmware, which comes in a Zip file.  Save the file to your
computer, open it, and extract the files inside.  One of them is the
executable you run to update the firmware.  The other file is a set of
instructions on how to do the update.  As long as your radio and your PC are
talking to each other, the update will be quite smooth.

Steve