From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 21:46:50 -0500
Tom,

So how has the WX been in Michigan?  Snow or ice on the antennas?  Gusty
winds that  make something intermittent?

What adjustments were you making when things went flukey?

Have you checked all the usual suspects (cables, connectors, etc.)?

If you are getting low RX and odd swr on TX, my guess is that it is
external to the radio, especially since a reset didn't fix it.  Since it
happens on different antennas, maybe something between  rig/amp/swr
meter/tuner.  Next time this happens, try going direct to a dummy load
with a known good coax  from radio to dummy load, bypassing all the
other junk, and see if swr is still bad.

73, Steve KW3A