From:
"Dr. Ronald E. Milliman]\\\\`" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2014 12:06:33 -0600
Brian,

I am using the JETSTREAM JTPS28M, 28 AMP SURGE, 25 AMP Continuous, POWER
SUPPLY W/METERS, $99.95. I purchased it from Ryan at R & L, and I am very
satisfied with it and would definitely purchase it again if I needed another
similar supply.

However, I also recommend any of the following supplies:

JETSTREAM JTPS31MB
MFJ MFJ4125
MFJ MFJ4128

Some of the supplies are exactly the same except some have meters and some
do not. You will pay a little more for those that have meters. Also, some
are variable voltage and some are not. Frankly, in most situations, I don't
see the need for the variable voltage feature; it costs more, and you will
probably never have a need for it; besides, I have a friend of mine who
accidentally turned up the voltage on his supply and damaged his
transceiver. So, if you want a good supply with minimum cost, purchase one
that doesn't have any meters and that does not include the variable voltage
feature. All you need is a good, solid, basic power supply that will
deliver, nominally, 13.8 volts DC at 25 amps continuous.

Ron, K8HSY