From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 11:58:54 -0500
    N1MM+ is free, and supports more than 200 contests.  In the contest club
I am in, Potomac Valley Radio Club, I think a lot more people are using it
than AC Log, even though the developer is here in Maryland.  Of the people
who operated in the WRTC (World Radiosport Team Championships) last summer,
a majority were using Wintest, with N1MM somewhat behind.  Nobody has had
the time to work with Wintest for accessibility, although David used it in a
high-speed operation last summer.
K4LTA, an active blind contester and DXer from Tennessee uses TR4Win, the
successor of TR for DOS.
From what I have read on this list, Scott Davis, N3FJP, has probably done
the most to produce a blind-friendly logging program.
Fortunately there are many ways to skin a cat, and some of us enjoy figuring
out how far we can go with off-the-shelf software.  That's the beauty of ham
radio..
For your second question, if you can get into the column at all, I would try
the context menu key and see if it gives you an option you can use.  Good
programs have a lot of context-menu options which change depending on the
location of your cursor or mouse pointer, and some of these options are
quite hard to find in the menu system or help files.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com